Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Gail Garvin

Get to know Gail Garvin, who many of you may recognize if you worship at the 7:45 worship service.

1. What's your name and are you named after anyone? Gail Garvin and I was not named for anyone.

2. Tell us who makes up your family (people and pets).  Husband Ray, Niki (Siberian Husky), and 2 grown children

3. Have you always lived in PA?  Yes

4. Do you speak any languages other than English? Yes, Spanish but not fluently.

5. What are you most proud of? My children and my 20 years of teaching

6. How do you spend your days? Work, exercise (swim, walk, dancing, bike), devotions, serving where others need me

7. What's your dream job and are you doing it now? No I am ready to retire and would love to volunteer 100% of my time.  That’s a dream!

8. What's the best gift you've ever given?  A song about my grandson Mason, who was born 4 days before Christmas 2004.  Ken Medema wrote up a song for that when I was chosen to speak when I spoke at his concert.

9. What's the best gift you've ever received?  2 tickets to see “Lion King” in NY and a weekend at my brother’s NY Apartment

10. What is/was your favorite subject or activity in school?  English, I love to read.

11. What ability or skill do you most wish you had (that you don't have already)?  I wish I had the ability to dance professionally.

12. If you had to pick one hero, who would it be?  My grandson Mason.  He was born on the autism spectrum and fought his way out.  He is my hero.

13. What does it mean to have courage?  To face a challenge head on, keep the faith, and go on with hope in your heart.

14. What is your biggest fear or worry?  Developing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.

15. What is the one thing that makes you laugh the hardest?  My husband! (ALL THE TIME) and I Love Lucy Shows

16. What's the biggest problem facing the world right now?  Lack of empathy to others.

17. What are some of your hobbies? Biking, dancing, and reading

18. What's the best meal you've ever had?  Almond Crusted Salmon with BĂ©arnaise Sauce, and Asparagus that my son made it for my last birthday.

19. Describe your favorite vacation.  Hopefully the one Ray and I take this fall to Florida to visit friends and family.  We hope to bike a trail in every state we pass.

20. What bad habit would you be willing to give up if it guaranteed you would live to

be 100? I really don’t have any bad habits.

21. What would your obituary say? Hopefully people saw Jesus in me.

22. What do you like most about UDLC?  It is definitely the people and the acceptance of all kinds of people, gay, non ‘traditional” people, the music, the Christian Ed Program for the young, the youth groups.


26. When did you join UDLC and what is the biggest change you have seen?  We came to UDLC shortly after the Douglass’ and the biggest changes we have seen have been the two building expansion programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment