1. What's your name and are you named after anyone?
Do you know how you got your name? Diane (My Mother’s favorite name was Ann, so it had to contain ‘Ann’).
2. Tell us who makes up your family (people and pets). My husband, Tim, and five children: Rob, TJ and Thomas – my ‘big’/stepsons, and my daughter Emily and son John. Three daughter-in-laws and six grandchildren with one more on the wayJ No pets, not even a goldfish.
3. Have you always lived in PA? If not, where else have you lived and when did you live there? I grew up in Lebanon County and then moved to Phila to attend Drexel University. Tim and I lived in Naples, Florida for 15 years and moved ‘home’ to the Philadelphia area three years ago. Good to be home!
4. Do you speak any languages other than English? Teeny little bit of German and Spanish.
5. What are you most proud of? My children
6. How do you spend your days? Go, go, go
7. What's your dream job and are you doing it now? I am the Merchandise Manager at Neiman Marcus…pretty close to dream job!
8. What's the best gift you've ever given My children
9. What's the best gift you've ever received? Earrings from my son TJ from his first job.
10. What is/was your favorite subject or activity in school? High School – Marching Bank (yes, a band geek); College -- Photography
11. What ability or skill do you most wish you had (that you don't have already)? To sing, like belt it out Whitney Houston style
12. If you had to pick one hero, who would it be? My mom
13. What does it mean to have courage? To stand up for your beliefs and what’s right even when it isn’t popular or easy
14. What is the one thing that makes you laugh the hardest? Crazy humor
15. What's the biggest problem facing the world right now? inability to respect differences
16. What are some of your hobbies? Not much time for hobbies, but I enjoy crafty stuff, gardening, entertaining and I actually really do love cleaning
16. Describe your favorite vacation. Beach, sleep, eat, beach, sleep, eat
17. What is your favorite type of art? Early Impressionism
18. If you lived in the pioneer days, would you have traveled west or stayed put in the east? I would have stayed East because I’m the cautious one, but Tim would have dragged us West because he’s the adventurous one.
19. What do you like most about UDLC? Friendly, welcoming, open
20. When did you join UDLC and what is the biggest change you have seen? Two years ago. Growth of children/youth programs